Do forgive me for not posting in a while...Anyway. I just made fudge. and it's good. I mean, all food is good unless it's like twinkies or something, then it's bad, but most food is good because it's food. But fudge is good food and it's good not just because it's food but because we have the best recipe ever. It was really funny though, because I was making it and y'know I put in the cream cheese, the powdered sugar, the melted chocolate (NOTE: I used Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips instead of Cocoa powder), and the vanilla extract and was mixing them all up. When it was done getting mixed I noticed it was 1) thin and kinda runnyyy (meaning, it was not thick and fudgey) and 2) it was a liiiiiight brown (instead of a dark fudgey color) So I thought: "GREAT. just great. *sighh* okay, science experiment 101." well okay I didn't think that, but I wasn't too happy. So then Catie comes in and I'm like, "ummmm Catie? it's kinda...thin...and doesn't taste too good either...ehhh..." (or something along those lines) so SHE says, "Try putting some more sugar in to make it thicker." 1 word. FAIL. yup, it failed. and it wasn't an epic fail either, it was just a bad fail. I tasted it and it was gross. Imagine....ummm oh gosh, how to describe it? hmmm imagine untasting, yet super sugary tasting, melt-in-your-mouth thin (which is AWFUL, btw) and a lot of it. not good at all. So then I said, "Hmm well, I'll try putting some more cream cheese in." another fail. After that I don't really remember, I guess it would have been a professional cook's nightmare though. I was like putting some of this and some of that in and just making a mess of things until finally I decided, y'know what?! I'mna just double the recipe and not put as much sugar in." Well it turned out good. At least, it turned out good for me, Catie's tasting it right now...*gulp* It probably tastes awful and my taste buds are soo messed up that I think it tastes perfect. Oh well. I'll just eat it all if nobody likes it, although....I'd probably get awful sick. Aaaaanyway, sorry this isn't the 30 day challenge thing, I had written this huge long thingy the other day for day 4 and then Mozilla crashed and for some unknown, and crazy reason, it didn't save, soooo I was so fed up with it I just set it aside. And that is one of the reasons for me not posting in a while. Oh one more thing, I'm not really in a mood for any of the songs I usually put up (aka, One Republic, Train, Rascal Flatts etc...) so I'll just put up a different one, if I can find it, that is. Oooh yes! I found it, okay, here's the song. I love it, and the band's gonna be at the wedding!!
L'angelus: Marianne
L'angelus: Marianne
oh my gosh this is so funny!!!! I remember when I made a cake for a cake decorating thing and I TOTALLY FAILED!!!!! The cake was good ( it was gluten-free obviously) but the frosting was all mishmashed so it looked like, instead of a beautiful white spread, a cookie and cream thing. Plus it had to be two tiered, so I cut it in half and placed it on top of another, and so it was EXTREMELY lopsided. I almost cried when I saw it :) Sooo, yeah, only one person ate it at the party, ahem...PARTY??????, and that was my good friend whom I FORCED to eat it, Jk, she said it was good, but STILL!!! Luv, Maria
ReplyDeleteOnce, I was making gingerbread cookies, and I failed hopelessly, which was pretty pathetic because I was using a mix. I'm actually (if I may say so myself) a good cook, but this one just DID NOT WORK OUT! I was reading the recipe, and not really paying much attention, and then I realized I had made a mistake. You see, the only thing I had made before that was a recipe that called for 1 cup of this, 1 cup of that, NO HALF CUPS. And that's how much molasses it called for. A half cup. But I wasn't paying attention, like I said, before, and I put a whole cup in, and, to say the least, it really didn't work out. I was all runny and gooey and altogether pretty disgusting. When we put it on the cookie sheet, they all ran into eachother and made one big cookie instead of about 18. It was a hopeless failure.
Delete